This cake is super fun and fast to make, and the recipe isn’t like most mug cakes. It’s the best chocolate mug cake.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar (you can add 1 tbsp. more if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. hazelnut chocolate spread
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined with no clumps
- Pour batter into microwave-safe mug. Mine was a 14-ounce mug. You want enough space in the top of your cup for the cake to rise without spilling over.
- Add 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread into the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it into the batter.
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (READ NOTES BELOW)
- Remove with care and enjoy your mug cake!
**Please note that microwaves vary in strength, and you can overcook your cake if your microwave is too powerful. My microwave is 950 watts on the highest setting, so take this information into your cook time.
You don’t need the chocolate hazelnut spread if you don’t want it, however it is delicious! Also keep in mind that this recipe was made for a microwave, so don’t try it in the oven.
Image Provided by Google Images